During the presentation..
- My Students can view the same slide on their laptop, tablet, phone or pc as I have on the data projector. As I move forward on the big screen they can move forward and backwards on their little screens.
- The Students can record their notes against each slide.
- I can see the main points I need to nuance listed against each slide, I wrote a few weeks ago (or last vacation).
- I am increasing the level of inclusivity in my class. I am making less of a fuss about those who need extra support by not singling them out when providing printed slide copies.
- I do not have to find out who needs a printed copy everyone can have an electonic version.
- I can see the current slide, and page forward to see what is coming, without effecting the presentation.
- If the main data project stops working we can still huddle around a few laptops and my lesson will take place with the slides as plan.
- If I want to I can share my notes about each slide with my class.
- I don't have to save a separate version of the presentation to share with my students without my slide notes. I just don't tick the box to share.
- If I don't finish the whole presentation we can continue from the same point next time.
- Because I can present a different instance of the presentation for different classes in different modules they can be at different points in same presentation. Each instance can be renamed to include a session indicator.
- In a joint presentation we can jointly control the flow of the presentation, viewing the slide notes as a reminder of who speaks when, and what happens next.
- I can use my presentation mouse in Presentation Screen mode to go back and forward through the slides, as though pressing the left and right keys on the key board
- I can walk around the classroom/lecture theatre with my phone or tablet checking my notes for the current and other slides. I can control the presentation as I walk around the room. I can be on the other side of the world and still control the presentation progression.
Preparing the slides for a presentation
- I am not doing anything extra than I would normally do?.... may be thinking about the flow a bit more and the animations for inclusivity.
- No time waiting at the photocopier for slide printouts. I spend the photcopier logging on time uploading the slides to Notes Sui......and sometimes that may be in the classroom.
- I could happliy cope with printing two copies of my handout slides and distributing at the begining of a session, but then it was five and not every lesson. Now I only need to be told about and remember to print out for the very few who cannot work on a tablet.
- The last minute amendments can be made and are in slides for all to see....
- The three set formats widens the choice of color formatting for my students with minimal effort. I can still create an extra format if the standard three are not appropriate.
- I copy the link to the presentation and add it to my VLE as an URL link object or the just the link to Notes Sui for the student to log into.
- Preparation for visting staff and students is minimal as they need only the Notes Sui URL and the Presentation Key ID to join the session.
After the classroom session.
- The students have an electronic or printed copy of the slides with their notes alongside them. They can if I want them to have my notes as well.
- I can add the Panopto recording, for those who were unable to attend or for those who want to refine their notes.
- I can start a new instance of the same presentation with a different group, the presentation can be used again.
- If I do not completed the slide show for a group I don't have to upload a sepate partial slide show for that group.
- I can edit the presentation record and decide to allow access upto the last slide.